Medical Assistants have become a very important part of the health care team. This exciting program will prepare you confidently as a front and back office Medical Assistant. Medical Assistant professionals are trained to perform administrative and clinical tasks that keep the offices of Surgeons, OBGYN's, Pediatricians, Family Practicioners and Cardiologist running smoothly.
Some administrative duties include:
• Scheduling patients for appointments
• Obtaining medical records
• Basic insurance billing
Some clinical duties include:
• Recording blood pressure, temperature and other vital signs
• Assisting with physical examinations
• Handling laboratory specimens
• Assisting in minor surgeries
• Perform EKGs
• Apply injections
According to the US Department of Labor, Medical Assistant positions are one of the fastest growing and most in-demand professions in the country. With numerous outstanding opportunities for employment and salaries increasing annually, there has never been a better time to pursue a career in this exciting field.